Subclass 462:

Work and Holiday
Visa for Australia

The Work and Holiday Visa for Australia (Subclass 462) allows passport holders aged 18 to 30 of the following countries to do short-term work, study, and enjoy a holiday for up to 12 months:

Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Chile, People's Republic of China, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mongolia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, United States of America, Vietnam.

If you’re from any of the following countries, check out Subclass 417 (Working Holiday Visa for Australia) instead:

Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region

of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders), Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport), The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. 

Unlike Subclass 417, for Subclass 462 (Work and Holiday Visa for Australia) there are educational and English language requirements. Citizens of certain countries will also need a letter of support from their government in order to apply for the visa.

Second and third Work and Holiday Visas

Visa 462 for Australia is valid for 12 months, and in that time you can do any kind of work, study for up to four months, and travel to and re-enter Australia as often as you wish. And if you work in a specified role for three months, you may be eligible for a second Working Holiday Visa.

Then, if you work in a specified role for six months during your second visa term, you may be eligible for a third Work and Holiday Visa for Australia – and then you can work in any role you like for the duration of the visa, if you wish to.

Other things to know about the Work and Holiday Visa for Australia

Visa Subclass 462 – i.e. the Work and Holiday Visa for Australia – doesn’t include your family.

You must have enough funds to support yourself in Australia, and leave at the end of your working holiday. Usually, you’ll need proof that you have at least AUD5,000 for your stay, plus sufficient funds for your return fare.

You’ll need to pay tax on the income you earn in Australia, and contribute to Australia’s compulsory superannuation (pension) scheme. When you leave Australia, you can access the money you’ve paid into the superannuation scheme. This is known as the Departing Australia Superannuation Payment.

Do you need help with Working Holiday Visa for Australia?

We specialise in Australian visas – contact us for up-to-date advice.

0 of 350