Skilled Nominated Visa
Subclass 190 is a permanent residency visa for skilled migration to Australia. It’s very similar to Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent Visa), except that this requires state/territory nomination.
Each state and territory in Australia has its own website that will specify the process and requirements for nomination and applications.
You will need to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) with the Australian Department of Home Affairs, and specify the state or territory you’re seeking nomination from. It’s important that you are clear on the requirements of the state/territory you have selected.
After you have lodged your EOI, you must then be invited to apply for your visa, and will have 60 days to complete your visa Subclass 190 application.
Other requirements for the Subclass 190 visa for Australia
- You need to be less than 45 years old to apply for this skilled nominated visa.
- Your occupation must be on the skilled occupation list.
- A suitable skills assessment for your occupation must be lodged with your EOI.
- You need to meet the minimum points benchmark of 65 – and you’ll receive five points for the state/territory nomination.
- You also need to meet English language requirements.
Once your visa has been approved, you need to remain living and working in the nominating state for at least two years.
Do you need help with your visa Subclass 190 application?
We specialise in Australian visas – contact us for up-to-date advice.