New Zealand Visitor Visas

Yes, New Zealand’s every bit as beautiful to visit as you think it is. It’s a great place to explore, perform in, or play sports. So whether you’re holidaying, attending to business matters, or a combination of work and play – there’s a New Zealand visitor visa for you.

Visa waiver countries

If you’re from a visa waiver country, you can visit NZ as a tourist for 3 months (or 6 months if you’re a British citizen) – without needing a New Zealand visitor visa.

However, you still need to request an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before you travel. It’s best to apply for this well in advance of your travels.

Some of the types of New Zealand visitor visas

Business Visitor Visas

Conduct business in NZ for up to 3 months – and include your partner and any dependent children (up to age 24) in your application. You’ll need to have enough money to live on while you’re in New Zealand – or have support from your employer – and are responsible for your own healthcare costs. The application process depends on whether you’re outside or already in NZ at the time of applying. Contact us for help.

Arts and music

New Zealand has a vibrant festival and artistic culture, and there’s a high level of demand for skilled performers in live shows and performances. The promoter of the event must be on Immigration New Zealand’s Approved Promoters List. You’ll need to meet character requirements, and note that you’re won’t be able to do any other kind of work while in New Zealand.

Sports events and support staff

Kiwis love sport; it’s part of the culture. Athletes, support staff, and visiting media are welcome to visit New Zealand – and if you’ve been actively involved in your field of talent (arts, culture, or sports) for 2 years, this could even open up a pathway to a New Zealand resident visa.

Medical treatment, and escorting medical patients

If you’re travelling to New Zealand for a medical consultation or treatment, you’ll need a Medical Treatment Visitor Visa. You’ll need this visa even if you’re from a visa waiver country, and you’ll be able to stay in NZ for up to 6 months. You may be able to bring an escort with you, but they’ll need to apply for their own New Zealand visitor visa: there is a special visa category for medical escorts.

crew -icon
Crew of superyachts, ships, and aircraft

This is a more complex area with different requirements for different visitor types. There are special arrangements for crew of planes and cruise ships in that you need a Crew ETA(which is different from an NZeTA), and is arranged via an employer. If you need a Crew ETA for your organisation, please contact us. There are different requirements for crew working on cargo ships – and crew working on fishing vessels must hold a New Zealand work visa.

Do you need help with your New Zealand visitor visa?

We specialise in New Zealand visas – contact us for up-to-date advice.

0 of 350