Your employer needs you to travel to Australia to undertake a specific job for a company in Australia, maybe an installation or maintenance? Then the 400 visa may just be the visa you need.
Here are a few things to consider before lodging your application if you are applying under the Highly Specialised stream:
- You can apply for this one if you have specialised skills, knowledge or experience that is relevant to the proposed task/work in Australia.
- You will need to show that it will assist an Australian business and can’t easily be found in the Australian labour market.
- The length of time spent in Australia is up to 3 months but in some cases they will grant up to 6 months for exceptional circumstances.
- You can include your family members in your 400 visa application providing you can show evidence of the relationship. Family members need to also meet health & character requirements and are not permitted to work in Australia.
- There are some restrictions with the 400 visas including, limitations on work & activity, no study, no work-based training, no working in the entertainment industry and there could be a “No further stay” condition imposed in some circumstances.
Please note that the 400 is not to be used in order to remain in Australian while a subclass 482 work visa application is being considered.
I have extensive experience in subclass 400 applications, which can be tricky at times, so please get in contact with me so that I can assess your options before you lodge an application.
0064 9 281 3372
Please note that although we strive to provide accurate information at all times, immigration policy and regulations change. Therefore, this information should not be used to confirm your eligibility for any specific visa. Please speak with us prior to considering lodging a visa application so we can assess your unique circumstances and visa options.
FREE E-BOOK - HOW TO GET STARTED WITH YOUR VISA APPLICATION
Click here if you are just starting out and seeking helpful information to get started!